Midlands Seed was established in 1990, to support and encourage the production and export of arable crops from New Zealand. Since then, the company has grown rapidly to become one of New Zealand's top producers and marketers of vegetable and herbage seeds, dried peas and oilseeds, cereal grains and finished food products. The Midlands group has also expanded into honey through Midlands Apiaries, and specialty oils through Midlands Nutritional Oils.
An exciting and newly created opportunity for a person to join the team in the New Year and be based at our West St office in Ashburton.
This role has flexibility to be between 25 - 30 hours per week and requires an experienced Accounts Technician preferably with an agricultural background or knowledge.
This position forms an important part of the finance team and takes responsibility for:
- Ensures effective financial administration to guarantee robust financial systems;
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and the management of statutory reporting processes;
- Monitoring of all general ledger transactions and control account reconciliations;
- Preparation of statutory returns including GST/PAYE/FBT
- Maintains and provides information to assist management to make strategic financial decisions;
- Ensures that the company meets legal and compliance obligations.
What you will bring to the job
- A relevant diploma/certificate would be advantageous
- Proven skills and experience with all aspects of accounting procedures
- Minimum 3 years of accounting experience
- Intermediate computing on Excel/Word/Outlook
- Use of integrated Accounting modules.
- Excellent organisational, time management and problem-solving skills essential
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Strong interpersonal skills and developed written and verbal communication skills with the ability to liaise across the business and client base
- A positive and friendly 'can do' attitude with flexibility, and a desire to contribute positively to the team environment
- High attention to detail and ability to manage multiple parallel activities is a necessity
- Confidentiality and reliability essential
This is a busy, varied and rewarding role supported by a very competitive remuneration package.
For further information and a position description please visit the following website www.midlands.co.nz
To register your interest, please apply on line. To discuss the role in confidence, please contact Georgie Wade on 027 406 3990 or email: email@example.com
All applicants must be New Zealand resident, or hold an appropriate New Zealand work permit.
10 January 2019
Email Georgie Wade at firstname.lastname@example.org.